Grow happiness under your feet.


"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.", James Oppenheim.

Assignments are boring, homework is such a waste of time, exams are absolutely needless, I wish my education is over soon and I don't have to deal with all this stuff. It would put an end to my miseries and I would finally be happy... often thought my foolish mind while traveling through, supposedly, the most amazing part of my life's journey, the schooling.

Now when I look back and remember those beautiful days, I realize how wrong I was to wish it to be over soon. Happiness was there right under my feet. I could have had all the fun in my life, surrounded by joyful friends, loving teachers, and endless possibilities for a bright future. 

And when I introspect about how I feel now about the present moment, I realize that I am repeating the foolishness all over again. I am working hard, trying to earn money and make my name, so that someday in the future I can retire peacefully and supposedly, feel happy and enjoy my life. 

Looks like foolishness is my best friend.

If I want, I can start enjoying everything that I am blessed with in my life, here and now. I am blessed with good health, a loving family, amazing friends, and endless opportunities to contribute to others' lives. Happiness is growing right under my feet. I hope and wish and pray that I become wise enough to experience it before it is too late. I wish the same for you too.

Wishing you more happiness every day.

Let's spread happiness together.

Puneet Dhingra,
Happiness Life Coach.

The following links will help you to stay connected with us and learn more about Happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace of Mind, a road to Happiness.

See the bright side to find happiness

OPTIMISM is a Happiness Magnet